Saturday 18 June 2011

Jive Addiction weekender restores belief in the laws of Karma


There I was!

 All pumped up and raring to go for a weekend of top class dancing with a few dance classes sprinkled in at the first Hemsby Modern Jive event run by Jive Addiction!  Bring it on!  Sand dunes, surf, a few drinks and dancing night and day for three nights.  What better way to spend time than with a great bunch of friends.

Scheduled to leave at 11am on a 3.45 hour journey to beat the afternoon rush hour traffic, I received a text from a little lady to say she has the gas man in and needs to go to shops to get food for her pussies.  "I'm going to be 30 minutes late!"  Now, considering I wanted to leave at 10am in the first place its not really that much later is it?  Of course I'm just a man and I'll wait all day kicking my heals at home when I could be kicking my heals in the soft sand on a nice beach enjoying my hands around the neck of a lovely Stella or a Becks!

Deep sigh!!!  Holds nose, closes mouth and forces the steam out of ears!  Whats another 30 minutes I thought when I can sit down, chill out and chat with Lady P?  No good getting stressed with so far to drive!

Just after 11.30 and on the road at last!  The first hour has us averaging 22mph. We just cant get going but worse was to come as 15 mins later we hit a snag! "Accident M1 south, junction 21 to 20" This was no snag; this was a full blown blockage that was to last two hours. Thirty minutes had made all the difference as we were delayed with slow traffic; the accident had only happened 5 to 10 minutes before we got stuck and we could have been through this area before it happened, or then again, this day was just meant to be! Who knows where or what would have happened if we had left earlier?  "There but the grace"  I do hope all got away safely without serious injury!
So what do you do when your weekend gets off to a flyer like this?  Do you sit chuntering and bitching about it all afternoon or do you get up and enjoy yourself? Taking in food and refreshment, the calls of nature catch up with you pretty quickly and the lorry wheels served a useful purpose for many of us guys out there but the poor girls just had to grin and bear it with nowhere to hide!



How to take their minds from it???  Wack the music up!!!  Open the doors and let them Dance!!!!
This really is a Jive Addiction


Eventually we got to Hemsby and yes we hit the rush hour I wanted to avoid, but at least we were safe, very weary, but safe non the less after our 7 hour journey.  I wonder how many others can claim to have danced on the M1?

(I'm the Buddha at the back)
The accommodation was a little basic but was more than made up for by the quality of the food which was excellent!   The dancing was fabulous and I met loads of lovely new people.  On the Sunday morning a group of us hit the beach and I tried some dune jumping and loved it -  I hadn't done that since I was 14 years old

All in all, a very tiring but great weekend! Thanks to John, Mariane and the team for all your hard work and efforts and a big thanks to all those luscious ladies who I managed to get a dance with!


As a FOOTNOTE (pun intended)  When the little lady asked to borrow a pair of my socks next morning  I had to refuse as I had only taken enough pairs to last me the weekend!  On getting up next morning a pair of my socks were draped over the arm of a chair in the chalet!   Hmmm!!!  "Did you you wear my socks?" I asked?  "Yes" she said. "Where did you get them from?" I asked.  "Out of that drawer"  She said.  That drawer was my dirty washing drawer and the socks had been on my feet for 12 hours the day we travelled.  Her face was a treat to see and that little extra dimension called Karma was returned.




No comments:

Post a Comment